Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering 9.11...


Remembering 9.11 brings tears to my eyes. It is something that I will NEVER forget. The horrific events of that day 6 years ago still fills me with fear, shock and questions. That day and the days, weeks and months afterward were life changing. I am proud of how our country came together. How we shared our grief and began to heal. Here is a layout that I did that really explains some of the many ways my life was changed!




The journaling reads:
I have so many feelings today. It Sept.11, 2002. I year after the horrific attacks on the United States by terrorists. It devastated our country as we lost over 3000 lives. It changed the world! It changed me. I was broken & lost. My heart was empty. I felt scared and alone. I didn't know if or when I'd ever feel "normal" again.We have had so many changes in our life since then, The most significant change happened within the last 24 hours. You were born! As labor progressed we wondered if the time would be 9:11pm or if you would hold off until 9.11.02. But no, you came into the world on 9.10.02 @ 9:32pm as God planned. Then, the most amazing thing happened. The nurse put you on the scale and it read 9.1.1 ...which is 9lbs 1.1ounce. Normally, the last .1 is not noted but to me this was a sign from God. It told me to move on but to never forget and that He would take care of the rest. Now, my life is full & blessed. I am no longer lost, broken or alone.

This day continues to be Life Changing! Tonight, my husband Bob, our good friend Ty and I will be Baptized in our backyard pool! We are so excited! Our Small Group from North Pointe Church will be here to share this time with us too. We picked this day for many reasons and it will give us something positive to remember on this day. So, pray for us tonight around 7pm! I will post pictures in the next few days!

Thank you for sharing my life! Your comments are always welcome! :)
Hugs!
Janice

2 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful layout to remember
9/11. What a wonderful memory
you will have getting baptism on
this day!!

Jennifer said...

amazing, my friend! Thanks for sharing your story!